Best Dental Bridges | Joplin MO
Fixed | Maryland
If missing teeth or gaps in your smile make it difficult to chew or leave you feeling awkward about your appearance, a dental bridge might be the best solution. The missing tooth is replaced by an artificial tooth that is supported by crowns on the adjacent teeth.
A dental fixed bridge is a good option for you if you have one or more missing teeth that are causing the following issues:
- Difficulty chewing or talking
- Remaining teeth are shifting
- Jaw pain, headaches and other problems due to an uneven bite
- Self-consciousness about showing your smile with missing teeth
Dental bridges are composed of natural looking artificial teeth that fill the spaces left by missing teeth. A fixed bridge can restore a comfortable bite and an attractive smile.
Do you have a missing tooth that leaves a gap when you smile? An option for replacement of the missing tooth might be a Maryland Bridge. One of the benefits of the Maryland Bridge is the minimal preparation required to the adjacent teeth.
A porcelain replacement tooth is bonded to the adjacent teeth. There have also been times that a patient’s actual tooth can be bonded to provide a natural appearance.
Maryland Bridges are especially useful for the following dental problems:
- Younger patients who have completed orthodontic care and have a missing tooth
- Congenitally missing teeth
- Front teeth that have been lost due to gum disease
- Front teeth lost due to accidents
- People who do not want to have implant replacement
- People who do not want their adjacent natural teeth altered
Dr. Fitterling has made numerous Maryland Bridges for his patients with great success. A Maryland Bridge can be an excellent option for the replacement of your missing tooth. Let Joplin Family Dental help you have a smile you are proud to share with others.
If you would like more information about this service, or have questions please fill out the form on this page and someone from our staff will be in touch with you right away. Thank you!