Best Dental Dam | Joplin MO
A dental dam is a thin square of latex or non-latex rubber. It is a protective device that creates isolation of your tooth/teeth to prevent contamination of the area. Dental dams create a clean and dry area. Dental dams have the following advantages:
- Prevents the treatment area from being exposed to bacteria and saliva
- Protects your lips, cheek, tongue and gums from irritation
- Prevents the possibility of any water or materials from falling into your mouth
- Allows you to be more comfortable during your appointment
- Fillings bond more effectively to make them more durable.
- Dental dams provide better long-term dentistry.
Because of the overwhelming benefits of the Dental Dam, Dr. Fitterling and our Joplin Family Dental team use it for the majority of dental treatments.
If you would like more information about this service, or have questions please fill out the form on this page and someone from our staff will be in touch with you right away. Thank you!